Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Books to read and re-read over winter break

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
I've read this book probably three times, but still find it a quite enjoyable 4th or 5th read.

Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger
I read Franny last semester and hope to finish the short novella by reading Zooey. I heard Zooey Deschanel was named after this Salinger book; I don't know if it's true.

Waltzing Again: New Interviews with Margaret Atwood

You Are Happy (poetry) by Margaret Atwood

The Collected Gwendolyn Brooks (poetry)

A Widow for One Year by John Irving
Been working on this one for awhile. I love his frank style.

Let's see if I can finish all these half-read books by next Monday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved John Irving's Cider House Rules but I have not gotten around to reading any of his other works, I will have to try A Widow for One Year :)

I am currently reading Franny and Zooey-I'm a fan of Zooey Deshanel and I was wondering if she was named after the character in Salinger's book, but I had not heard if that was true either. I'm curious though.

Your Fabulous Singing Mongoose said...

Wikipedia says she was, in fact, named after the Salinger character. Here's their source.